Terrorism comes in many forms: Sometimes it dresses up and makes you think it's patriotism or religion and the cause is justified
I promise I will get back to the topics I promised in the last blog entry as soon as I vent a little... I need to vent because I received a request to sign a petition in the e-mail just today.
My sincerest apologies. If you don't like talking about religion then please check back next week.
Terrorism comes in many forms: Sometimes it dresses up and makes you think it's patriotism or religion and the cause is justified
So long as you force your beliefs onto another, what makes you different from ISIS/ISIL*?
That isn't meant to scare you, but it should at least make you consider some things. This is meant to make you think. Why do I want you to think about it?
Here is a good start: I got a petition that started off stating "A group called the "Military Religious Freedom Foundation" is fighting to have all copies of the Bible removed from displays honoring U.S. POWs. "
They follow this with "My name is [deleted]. I am a retired U.S. Senator and the President of [deleted] Christian University [deleted content]
Here at [deleted], we are working not only to raise up a new generation of young, Christian, conservative leaders who will redeem our culture and our nation for God's glory, but also to defend the Judeo-Christian heritage that has made our nation the greatest on Earth.
It is for that reason that we are deeply troubled by this new effort to tamp down the religious liberty of the very men and women who have fought and suffered to protect our religious liberty."
Lets be perfectly clear here: the US is a melting pot. No single religion made it "the greatest on Earth". By simply accepting all the world we opened our arms to the possibility of equality and freedom for all (even though we didn't practice this until recently... and this is still debated by some).
He uses scare tactics to insure he gets your dander up "This wonderful tradition honoring America's POWs "offends" the radical atheists at the Military Religious Freedom Foundation" [Also known as MRFF].
No, the only people actually trying to represent all religions or veterans is the MRFF! http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/about/our-mission/
But that's not enough... more vitriol and hate from the senator "Atheists think they can "chip away" at America's Christian traditions and eventually ban every symbol and every mere mention of Christianity from our culture".
No, MRFF only want there to be, per the Constitution, no state/government mandated religion and equal rights for all under the rule of law. They don't want a religious theocracy designed to push a singular perspective and force people to accept false representation under a flag of state sponsored religion.
So now he brings out the hate speech and fear based vitriol to start the real terrorism and prejudice: "This is exactly the strategy the "gay rights" movement employed to radically redefine marriage".
By the senators definition, it's ok to deny people their RIGHTS guaranteed under the US Constitution as long as they're not like you or I ... or because they are not acceptable to a specific religious sect?
Does anyone else know who uses the exact same tactics? hello, dumb*ss senator!! this is the EXACT same excuse ISIS/ISIL* uses ... it even uses the same biblical passages to justify it's prejudice and hate because they, too, are an Abrahamic religion!
Let me perfectly clear about this: NOT ALL POW'S ARE CHRISTIAN, therefore unless all religions are represented equally, there really shouldn't be a singular religion representing the POW's. More to the point, when the retired senator stupidly and overwhelmingly decides to force a religion on others, and to use the state to force his specific religion onto the Military and when you make claims or statements like the above, then it is my DUTY and RESPONSIBILITY to fight against the injustice of blatant hatred, stupidity, persecution and prejudice.
I served in the US Military for a reason. I grew up during the Cold War overseas where I wasn't able to exercise the rights guaranteed under my own Constitution because I lived on foreign soil where I had to abide by their national laws. I lived and dealt with terrorism in real life because people didn't like Americans in a lot of these places, so I was a target as long as I was American. This was one reason that I chose to not go to college out of high school and entered the Military.
One of the very first things I did was take an oath: "I [state your name] do solemnly swear or affirm, to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of American against any and all aggressors, foreign or domestic..." and I am going to stop there. The rest said that as a service member I had the duty to obey the officers appointed over me by the POTUS and to obey their lawful orders. It doesn't really apply anymore because I'm not active duty or under the UCMJ.
In no way, shape or form have I been absolved of this duty or responsibility to protect the Constitution, however, nor have I revoked my oath to do it, so I refuse to bow down to pressures to force ANY belief on ANY other person for ANY reason whatsoever.
When you use your Congressional influence to force the religious bigotry of your own specific cult onto the public and use it to represent the melting pot that is the USA, forgetting that your own religion has more than 30,000 plus different divisions, claiming a "new effort to tamp down the religious liberty of the very men and women who have fought and suffered to protect our religious liberty" while suggesting we forcefully subdue religious liberty and initiate compliance of a singular religion because you wrongly believe it to be the foundation of a nation, then you need some serious psychiatric help because you are the person requesting religious persecution!
This is, by definition, against the US Constitution where there is supposed to be a separation between church and state, and for a reason. Just because you ignore the massive differences between all of the Abrahamic religions for the sake of your own personal delusion doesn't give you the authority or the right to revoke the Constitutional Rights of everyone!
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution.html
https://www.congress.gov/constitution-annotated/
"Article Six of the United States Constitution provides that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States". Prior to the adoption of the Bill of Rights, this was the only mention of religion in the Constitution."
"The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" The two parts, known as the "establishment clause" and the "free exercise clause" respectively, form the textual basis for the Supreme Court's interpretations of the "separation of church and state" doctrine."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state_in_the_United_States#The_U.S._Constitution
If you want to preach your religion, you have that right.
If you want to believe in your religion, you have that right.
What you do not have the right to do is to force your own religious beliefs onto another person using the power or influence of the government or state, nor do you have the right to establish a state sponsored religious movement as it is directly contradictory to the US Constitution as it violates equal rights under the rule of law.
The Senator argues against religious freedom and the MRFF, whose purpose is "The Military Religious Freedom Foundation is dedicated to ensuring that all members of the United States Armed Forces fully receive the Constitutional guarantees of religious freedom to which they and all Americans are entitled by virtue of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment."
http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/about/our-mission/
This means, by his own admission, that the Senator has decided, based upon personal beliefs, that he has power by right of religious fanaticism to undermine the Constitution and force his opinion on others. This makes him, by definition, an enemy of the Constitution.
I have to repeat this - Terrorism comes in many forms: Sometimes it dresses up and makes you think it's patriotism or religion and the cause is justified.
think on that a spell...
* "The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, IPA /ˈaɪsᵻl/), often translated as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria[note 1] and accordingly also commonly known as ISIS (/ˈaɪsᵻs/),[32] is a Salafi jihadist militant group that follows an Islamic fundamentalist, Wahhabi doctrine of Sunni Islam."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant
My sincerest apologies. If you don't like talking about religion then please check back next week.
Terrorism comes in many forms: Sometimes it dresses up and makes you think it's patriotism or religion and the cause is justified
So long as you force your beliefs onto another, what makes you different from ISIS/ISIL*?
That isn't meant to scare you, but it should at least make you consider some things. This is meant to make you think. Why do I want you to think about it?
Here is a good start: I got a petition that started off stating "A group called the "Military Religious Freedom Foundation" is fighting to have all copies of the Bible removed from displays honoring U.S. POWs. "
They follow this with "My name is [deleted]. I am a retired U.S. Senator and the President of [deleted] Christian University [deleted content]
Here at [deleted], we are working not only to raise up a new generation of young, Christian, conservative leaders who will redeem our culture and our nation for God's glory, but also to defend the Judeo-Christian heritage that has made our nation the greatest on Earth.
It is for that reason that we are deeply troubled by this new effort to tamp down the religious liberty of the very men and women who have fought and suffered to protect our religious liberty."
Lets be perfectly clear here: the US is a melting pot. No single religion made it "the greatest on Earth". By simply accepting all the world we opened our arms to the possibility of equality and freedom for all (even though we didn't practice this until recently... and this is still debated by some).
He uses scare tactics to insure he gets your dander up "This wonderful tradition honoring America's POWs "offends" the radical atheists at the Military Religious Freedom Foundation" [Also known as MRFF].
No, the only people actually trying to represent all religions or veterans is the MRFF! http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/about/our-mission/
But that's not enough... more vitriol and hate from the senator "Atheists think they can "chip away" at America's Christian traditions and eventually ban every symbol and every mere mention of Christianity from our culture".
No, MRFF only want there to be, per the Constitution, no state/government mandated religion and equal rights for all under the rule of law. They don't want a religious theocracy designed to push a singular perspective and force people to accept false representation under a flag of state sponsored religion.
So now he brings out the hate speech and fear based vitriol to start the real terrorism and prejudice: "This is exactly the strategy the "gay rights" movement employed to radically redefine marriage".
By the senators definition, it's ok to deny people their RIGHTS guaranteed under the US Constitution as long as they're not like you or I ... or because they are not acceptable to a specific religious sect?
Does anyone else know who uses the exact same tactics? hello, dumb*ss senator!! this is the EXACT same excuse ISIS/ISIL* uses ... it even uses the same biblical passages to justify it's prejudice and hate because they, too, are an Abrahamic religion!
Let me perfectly clear about this: NOT ALL POW'S ARE CHRISTIAN, therefore unless all religions are represented equally, there really shouldn't be a singular religion representing the POW's. More to the point, when the retired senator stupidly and overwhelmingly decides to force a religion on others, and to use the state to force his specific religion onto the Military and when you make claims or statements like the above, then it is my DUTY and RESPONSIBILITY to fight against the injustice of blatant hatred, stupidity, persecution and prejudice.
I served in the US Military for a reason. I grew up during the Cold War overseas where I wasn't able to exercise the rights guaranteed under my own Constitution because I lived on foreign soil where I had to abide by their national laws. I lived and dealt with terrorism in real life because people didn't like Americans in a lot of these places, so I was a target as long as I was American. This was one reason that I chose to not go to college out of high school and entered the Military.
One of the very first things I did was take an oath: "I [state your name] do solemnly swear or affirm, to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of American against any and all aggressors, foreign or domestic..." and I am going to stop there. The rest said that as a service member I had the duty to obey the officers appointed over me by the POTUS and to obey their lawful orders. It doesn't really apply anymore because I'm not active duty or under the UCMJ.
In no way, shape or form have I been absolved of this duty or responsibility to protect the Constitution, however, nor have I revoked my oath to do it, so I refuse to bow down to pressures to force ANY belief on ANY other person for ANY reason whatsoever.
When you use your Congressional influence to force the religious bigotry of your own specific cult onto the public and use it to represent the melting pot that is the USA, forgetting that your own religion has more than 30,000 plus different divisions, claiming a "new effort to tamp down the religious liberty of the very men and women who have fought and suffered to protect our religious liberty" while suggesting we forcefully subdue religious liberty and initiate compliance of a singular religion because you wrongly believe it to be the foundation of a nation, then you need some serious psychiatric help because you are the person requesting religious persecution!
This is, by definition, against the US Constitution where there is supposed to be a separation between church and state, and for a reason. Just because you ignore the massive differences between all of the Abrahamic religions for the sake of your own personal delusion doesn't give you the authority or the right to revoke the Constitutional Rights of everyone!
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution.html
https://www.congress.gov/constitution-annotated/
"Article Six of the United States Constitution provides that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States". Prior to the adoption of the Bill of Rights, this was the only mention of religion in the Constitution."
"The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" The two parts, known as the "establishment clause" and the "free exercise clause" respectively, form the textual basis for the Supreme Court's interpretations of the "separation of church and state" doctrine."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state_in_the_United_States#The_U.S._Constitution
If you want to preach your religion, you have that right.
If you want to believe in your religion, you have that right.
What you do not have the right to do is to force your own religious beliefs onto another person using the power or influence of the government or state, nor do you have the right to establish a state sponsored religious movement as it is directly contradictory to the US Constitution as it violates equal rights under the rule of law.
The Senator argues against religious freedom and the MRFF, whose purpose is "The Military Religious Freedom Foundation is dedicated to ensuring that all members of the United States Armed Forces fully receive the Constitutional guarantees of religious freedom to which they and all Americans are entitled by virtue of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment."
http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/about/our-mission/
This means, by his own admission, that the Senator has decided, based upon personal beliefs, that he has power by right of religious fanaticism to undermine the Constitution and force his opinion on others. This makes him, by definition, an enemy of the Constitution.
Lets face it - with 30,000+ versions of Christianity alone, how do you know your "version" is the correct one? and we're not even including the rest of the US religions ... just the US Christians (an Abrahamic religion)! Just them! Which one is the one true belief?
... and you say ISIS (ISIL) is a terrorist organization for their fanaticism?
... and you say ISIS (ISIL) is a terrorist organization for their fanaticism?
I have to repeat this - Terrorism comes in many forms: Sometimes it dresses up and makes you think it's patriotism or religion and the cause is justified.
So long as you force your own beliefs onto another, what really makes you different from ISIS (ISIL)*?
think on that a spell...
* "The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, IPA /ˈaɪsᵻl/), often translated as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria[note 1] and accordingly also commonly known as ISIS (/ˈaɪsᵻs/),[32] is a Salafi jihadist militant group that follows an Islamic fundamentalist, Wahhabi doctrine of Sunni Islam."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant
We only made one mistake... We should have waited until the Mayflower was a couple of miles out to sea and sunk it.
ReplyDeleteas soon as i read your comment i though this:
ReplyDelete... the Beaver torpedo and the Termite cluster bomb (with moths for the sails)!
ROTFLMFAO