Keeping it "real" with K.I.S.S. - help from the cheap seats as you get advice on how to mitigate the confusion that is the world wide web of information.
Lets talk about how to keep things simple. I will try to give pointers and explanations as clearly as possible so that people can see, with real examples, what I am talking about. It is said that by using K.I.S.S. as a template, you can keep reality and common sense in your life and prevent yourself from being conned, and I hope to share that ability with some folk out there.
First of all, lets talk about what K.I.S.S. actually means. K.I.S.S. [hereafter referred to as KISS] is an acronym that means "Keep It Simple, Stupid" or something similar, replacing the last "S" with any equivalent name. What that means is to break it down into constituent parts and sort out the difficulties before moving on and making false assumptions based upon your interpretations of events which may well be biased in a very bad way.
Why is it important to keep KISS in your mind? There are a lot of reasons, starting with the typical con person out there who wants you to believe something and ending with sorting out fact versus fiction. You have a lot of baloney out there on the internet today. How can you tell what is real and what is not? how can you tell when something has a legitimate point and what is pure unadulterated balderdash for the sake of influencing you to be stupid (hence my choice for the word "stupid" at the end of KISS)? How can you tell what is reality and what is pseudoscience?
I hope to be able to help you make this distinction by a series of steps with examples that I can show you. I hope to provide you, the reader, with a weekly or bi-weekly help section to help with the techniques to see how to differentiate between being snowed by pseudoscience, a con man, an obscure-but-amazing-sounding medical miracle or cult and what is reality, hence the name of the blog "Reality with K.I.S.S.".
I will start with how to find acronyms as a beginner teaching tool for seeking information on the internet. This is a good start because far too many people see "text speech" and can't understand it, but then make faux pas regarding what is being said (like a mother asking the son "what does IDK mean?" but getting confused by his reply of "I don't know").*
Stay tuned for help from the cheap seats as you get advice on how to mitigate the confusion that is the world wide web of information.
PEACE
*IDK - this means "I Don't Know".
First of all, lets talk about what K.I.S.S. actually means. K.I.S.S. [hereafter referred to as KISS] is an acronym that means "Keep It Simple, Stupid" or something similar, replacing the last "S" with any equivalent name. What that means is to break it down into constituent parts and sort out the difficulties before moving on and making false assumptions based upon your interpretations of events which may well be biased in a very bad way.
Why is it important to keep KISS in your mind? There are a lot of reasons, starting with the typical con person out there who wants you to believe something and ending with sorting out fact versus fiction. You have a lot of baloney out there on the internet today. How can you tell what is real and what is not? how can you tell when something has a legitimate point and what is pure unadulterated balderdash for the sake of influencing you to be stupid (hence my choice for the word "stupid" at the end of KISS)? How can you tell what is reality and what is pseudoscience?
I hope to be able to help you make this distinction by a series of steps with examples that I can show you. I hope to provide you, the reader, with a weekly or bi-weekly help section to help with the techniques to see how to differentiate between being snowed by pseudoscience, a con man, an obscure-but-amazing-sounding medical miracle or cult and what is reality, hence the name of the blog "Reality with K.I.S.S.".
I will start with how to find acronyms as a beginner teaching tool for seeking information on the internet. This is a good start because far too many people see "text speech" and can't understand it, but then make faux pas regarding what is being said (like a mother asking the son "what does IDK mean?" but getting confused by his reply of "I don't know").*
Stay tuned for help from the cheap seats as you get advice on how to mitigate the confusion that is the world wide web of information.
PEACE
*IDK - this means "I Don't Know".
Comments
Post a Comment